When it comes to comfort, what could be more important than a good night’s sleep? Finding the right mattress can be the greatest investment you’ll ever make, so it’s important to choose a mattress that fits your sleeping habits and then take additional steps to take care of it.
Listed below are several types of mattresses and maintenance tips to extend the life of your new mattress, so you can have the best sleep of your life every night.
Types of Mattresses and their Benefits
Choosing the right mattress is the first step in comfort. Finding a reputable business means you’ll get personalized recommendations based on size, comfort, and brand. How can a personalized mattress benefit you?
Getting a good night’s rest on a quality mattress can improve your health in various ways:
- Reduces stress due to an increase in your quality of sleep
- Alleviates allergies associated with older mattresses
- Relieves back and neck pain associated with lumpy, uneven mattresses
Which type of mattress will help you rest the best?
- Firm – Firm mattresses are the most common option for those that aren’t comfortable with extra cushion.
- Pillow Top – This mattress type adds extra cushion to the top layer stitched to the top.
- Memory Foam – Memory foam mattresses are topped with a soft, absorbent material that responds to your unique body weight, heat, and pressure.
- Euro Top – These super soft top mattresses are similar to pillow top styles, with an extra layer of cushioned padding sewn to flush the edges.
- Plush – This quilted mattress type lives in between the firm top style and the pillow top style.
5 Tips to Maintain Your Mattress for the Best Sleep Ever
The following tips will help you maintain your new mattress for years to come:
- Flip or rotate your mattress seasonally to distribute your body weight and prevent sagging.
- Placing your bed in sunlight doesn’t just warm your mattress – it also naturally disinfects it.
- Vacuum your mattress every few months and lightly sprinkle baking soda on it to keep the scent fresh and clean.
- Invest in a mattress cover to protect it from crumbs, spills, and pet dander.
- Stuff a dryer sheet underneath the covers to absorb odors and keep the linen fresh.
Slip Into Comfort with a Mattress from Home Comfort Furniture & Mattress Center in Raleigh, NC
When you need high-quality, name brand mattresses in Raleigh, North Carolina, look no further than Home Comfort Furniture & Mattress Center. We have mattresses of every size and comfort category by the brands you trust:
- Stearns & Foster®
- Spring Air®
Invest in comfort today. Come “test drive” our selection and find the mattress that wants to go home with you. Call us at our Glenwood Avenue location by calling (919) 781-3900, or try our location on Capital Boulevard at (919) 878-7975.
Also look for our locations in Cary and Morrisville. Wherever you are in the Triangle, a good night’s rest is just around the corner.Posted on