When you’re moving in somewhere new or redecorating a room, new furniture is one of the most exciting parts of the project. But sometimes it can be hard to find a balance when you’re decorating.
How much furniture is too much? How much is too little?
Home Comfort knows the struggle — you don’t want the room to look too bare, but no one wants clutter in a space they have to be in every day. Read below for some helpful tips on how to choose the right amount of furniture, and how to arrange it so that your space feels evenly arranged.
Let’s Talk Strategy: Furniture Arrangement
A living room serves a lot of purposes — you probably use this room to relax, to entertain, and to connect with loved ones. Follow some of these key tips to make sure the living room is arranged in a way that makes you, your family, and your guests comfortable:
- Get out the tape measure to make sure furniture will fit in your space
- Leave walkways between pieces of furniture
- Choose furniture of many different shapes and sizes
- Keep seating close enough for conversation
- Use artwork to fill “empty space”
The best advice for organizing your bedroom furniture is simple: start with the big pieces and work your way down. The most obvious thing that needs to be in your bedroom is the bed. Figure out where that is going to go, then go from there.
- Make sure you have a space for the bed, then the dresser
- Place nightstands around the bed
- Use lamps for additional, easy-to-access lighting
- Consider a multi-use piece (like a nightstand with storage space)
Want to learn more about how to best arrange your furniture? Need to know how much furniture you might reasonably want to put in a room? Come to Home Comfort Furniture to get a visual, and start your wish list for your upcoming move or redecorating project.
Our team is always available to answer questions you may have or help you find the perfect piece you’ve been looking for. Visit our locations in Raleigh or Cary, North Carolina, to explore all our high quality furniture options.